When and how do we collect your information?
The information we gather through our Services falls into two categories: (1) information you voluntarily supply to us when you register, purchase magazine subscriptions or initiate other transactions, participate in promotions or surveys, submit comments or questions or otherwise communicate with us or others through the Services. (2) Some of our Services also may participate in third-party advertising networks or similar services that collect information about your computer or device and your activity online and as a mobile user to tailor some of the advertising that you see on our Services and other third-party sites, mobile apps and marketing channels in their networks to your interests.
Registration and Other Personally Identifying Information
You may register to use certain features of our Services. When you register, we may collect personally identifiable information, including your name, postal address, email address, user name and password, reminder questions and answers and communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive. We may also ask for information about your age, gender, interests, preferences, title (Parish, Director of Religious Education, Catechist, Teacher…), but you are free to register for most of our Services without providing this additional information.
When you register for one of our Services, the information you provide may be added to a centralized Bayard database so that you may be simultaneously registered for our other Services as well. In addition, we may ask you for personally identifiable information, when you use various aspects of our Services, including when you order magazines or other products, complete a survey, enter a contest, or report a problem with our Services.
From time to time, we may offer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions. Participation in these promotions is voluntary and may require registration for our Services.
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Services
Bayard or third-party contractors we engage may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, including:
- Web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our video or audio content, such as the type of content accessed via our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device;
- Standard server log information; and
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
Children Under 13:
Bayard cares about protecting the privacy of children. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us any personally identifying information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We encourage you to become involved in your children’s online experience, and to share your knowledge and experience with your young ones.
If you’re under 13, please do not register for any of our Services or provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, email address or phone number).
Why do we collect your information and how do we use it?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We do not sell or rent any customer personal information to third parties.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
However, you should know that our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
How can I Opt-out from Bayard’s lists?
To opt-out of receiving marketing offers from Bayard magazines and products by mail, please use the opt-out form available, call our customer service at 1-800-321-0411 or send us a request in a letter addressed to Bayard, Inc. One Montauk Avenue, Suite 200
New London, CT 06320. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of Bayard’s promotional mailings, you may still receive renewal notices and related offers for any magazines to which you subscribe.
You can opt-out from any Bayard email newsletter or commercial email list and prevent the collection of related email response information by our email service providers by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message. If you no longer want to receive third-party email offers that you requested through our Services, simply follow the advertiser’s unsubscribe link or opt-out instructions that should be included in every commercial message you receive.
Links to Other Sites
According to CalOPPA*, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By contacting at: https://www.bayardinc.com/contacts/
Bayard, Inc. One Montauk Avenue, Suite 200 New London, CT 06320